Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

To keep the base styles.css file or to get rid of it? 

hschillig

Total Posts:  15

Ok so I looked everywhere and took a few tutorials. For the first two themes I built in magento.. I got rid of the base styles.css file.. but then in trying to theme the entire magento pages.. I skipped over a few minor pages and they were all jacked up since the original css wasn\’t there. I don\’t want that mistake to keep happening..

Are you suppose to know ALL pages that should be styled in your local.css file? Or should you keep the base styles.css file and override it or copy it into your local.css and change it up that way? It just has a lot of unecessary code and it\’s a little too large to keep editing..

I\’ve been thinking for the past 2 hours and can\’t seem to find a good solution. So everything inside the template/page directory (not everything, but a few files like the 1-column, 2-column, 3-column, header, footer, etc) should be edited into your new theme right? Like copied, pasted, and then edited?

I\’m doing the local.xml file the right way and not touching any of the other .xml files to edit the blocks. I\’m just stumped on how to do the whole css stuff.. since I\’m unsure how many pages and what pages magento comes with if I get rid of the css to make sure to check and style in my local.css..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community