Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add options that affect price

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

How do I add a dropdown for color options that will affect price.

For example:

Select Color:
White (+$5)
Black (+$0)
Green (+$10)

thanks!
john

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

When you create a configurable product, in the “Associated Products” section you will be able to specify additional price as fix price or percentage for each attribute value after you associate simple product to that configurable product

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

Thanks for the response. I have been playing around with this for the past few hours and finally managed to figure it out.

I have also read some other forum threads with many complaints about the tedious process of adding options to products ( we are required to add many simple products).

I have a furniture store with 5 frame color options and 20 cushion color options for about 300 different products. This means I would have to create 25 x 300 different simple products. That is a ridiculous amount of work.

Can we get any input from the Magento team on how this will work in the final release?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Check out that new release
We improved on that functionality, “Quick Simple Product Creation” option is now available in the “Associated Products” section
You still have to create a simple product for each combination, but it will be very easy and quick to do now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

betabomber

Total Posts:  37

It is kind of silly, but the duplicate product makes it much easier.

Also check out the | + Create From Configurable | button that is located in the Associate Products tab of the New Configurable Product page.

It is somewhat of a pain at first, but it makes your inventory look much cleaner!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community