Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display multiple full category path (as links) on Product Pages

LTFrock

Total Posts:  4

Hi, I have searched around and cannot find an answer to this anywhere so hopefully someone can help smile

I am looking to add a breadcrumb on my Product Pages showing the full path for each category that product is in. So for example, if I have a Product A which is I have put in 3 categories (Sub Category 2, Sub Category 3 and Sub Category 6) then the breadcrumbs would display as follows:

Parent Category 1 > Sub Category 1 > Sub Category 2

Patent Category 2 > Sub Category 3 >

Parent Category 3 > Sub Category 4 > Sub Category 5 > Sub Category 6

Hopefully this is possible and someone knows how!! Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

guiltyvictim

Total Posts:  71

Not sure how hot your php is, but here’s a link for you to get started (found on google when searching for “magento breadcrumbs full path")

http://dltr.org/blog/magento/381/Magento-Force-Display-Full-Breadcrumb-Path

Also to find all categories a product belongs to:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4252547/display-all-categories-that-a-product-belongs-to-in-magento

Play with the file (make sure you put it in the “local” path instead of “core” and post your results :)

Magento Community
Magento Community

LTFrock

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for the reply.

I hadn’t seen the first link before so will take a good look that that. Had seen the second one but as yet my PHP skills aren\’t good enough to make it work but will keep trying!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community