Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Inline translation HOw does it work? 

ptityop

Total Posts:  105

Hi… I have enabled inline translation but nothing happens at all..it is enabled for all shops but I do not see anything happening… the screencast has no sound explanaion and I really do not see how to translate some words.... changing csv files does not affect anything at all...in other terms I am just not getting how all this translation thing work.... many thanks for any guidance.... I am a bit desperate now to see so many posts with no answers and hope that support will be a bit more available when it comes to the production release…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RH

Total Posts:  81

i have the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

It is a very nice feature! The Magento team amaze me!

To get it working, you need to enable it for ‘Admin’ or ‘Frontend’ and then make sure that the “Developer Client Restrictions” allow you access (enter your IP address or leave it blank), then you will see a red border around translatable text.  Hover over the text and you get a little book icon, which you click to translate.

I had some problems with the admin section but the frontend seems to work fine (even with a custom theme).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I could use inline translation feature and it is very very useful but in some pages and sometimes when you click the book icon to translate, nothing happens and pop up does not appears.

Did you saw the same thing?

Hope anyone could help me because I had to stop working with that translation since isn’t stable.

Thank you
Andrea

Magento Community
Magento Community

petertufan

Total Posts:  93
Ashburn, VA

There is also another thing that might need a bit of work with the inline translations : the specific language accents - not implemented quite right so I am still translating the pages via the UTF8 editor formatting ...
Peter
http://www.asktp.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fluxsoap

Total Posts:  7
Lithuania

"Translateinline” is undfined. line 245.

why i have this eeror in IE.. in firefox i can’t do inline translation

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Hallo

for those who have the problem that after inline translation change words are not displayed ... (lime me till any minutes ago) you must go to SYSTEM -> CACHE MANAGEMENT -> you must unflag TRANSLATION

after this change you can see the modifications that you have do till that moment wink

Happy Easter tongue laugh

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeL_
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1140
Paris, France

Fluxsoap - 19 March 2008 12:05 PM

“Translateinline" is undfined. line 245.
why i have this eeror in IE.. in firefox i can’t do inline translation

Hi,

Do you have single quotes in your translated text ?
I had javascript problems with inline translation because of this.
Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bona

Total Posts:  7

I have a strange problem with inline translation. ıt is enabled both for admin and frontend. It works fine at the admin panel but does not work at the front end, even the dotted boxes around translatable items do not appear at the front end.

Magento Community
Magento Community

naisati

Total Posts:  15

chiaraweb - 21 March 2008 01:53 AM

Hallo

for those who have the problem that after inline translation change words are not displayed ... (lime me till any minutes ago) you must go to SYSTEM -> CACHE MANAGEMENT -> you must unflag TRANSLATION

after this change you can see the modifications that you have do till that moment wink

Happy Easter tongue laugh

Thank you I can translate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

itay

Total Posts:  30
Israel

@chiaraweb
thank you....

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrGravatinha

Total Posts:  15

Hi guys,
im translating Magento to pt_BR and that inline tool is very helpful, but i have 1 question about how this work.

Where Magento stores the translation ? It is in the .csv file ?? Anyone knows ??

Edit:

Nvm, found what i was looking for !! 
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4346/

Magento Community
Magento Community

horizon

Total Posts:  34

chiaraweb - 21 March 2008 01:53 AM

Quoting this old message by chiaraweb because I am experiencing the problem of inline translations not applying in admin, but cache is turned completely off.
Inline translation works fine in frontend. In admin, red boxes do appear, translation interface pops-up, but reloading the page shows the same old value.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion!
Magento 1.3

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

horizon - 12 October 2009 07:46 AM

Quoting this old message by chiaraweb because I am experiencing the problem of inline translations not applying in admin, but cache is turned completely off.
Inline translation works fine in frontend. In admin, red boxes do appear, translation interface pops-up, but reloading the page shows the same old value.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion!
Magento 1.3

Hello horizon,

Did you try to logout and then login again? Also please try to clear your browser cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

horizon

Total Posts:  34

Adjustware - 12 October 2009 01:51 PM

horizon - 12 October 2009 07:46 AM

Did you try to logout and then login again? Also please try to clear your browser cache.

Hi Adjustware, yes I tried all sort of session-cleaning things: logout/re-login, browser restart, cache cleaning tool.
My guess is that strings translated with inline tool are not written in the right part of the database to be read by the admin theme (maybe not written anywhere at all).
In the frontend I have a custom theme derived from “Blank”, and inline translation works perfectly. In the admin section I use the standard theme.
Maybe the problem is, Magento 1.3 needs a ‘different’ place to write translations to, and this is why inline translation works in the frontend (custom theme) while not in admin?
What do you think?

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnlouis

Total Posts:  92

Hi all my translate inline and csv translation works fine.The problem is in both ways i cant translate “Price” to “Preis” in the admin side(admin>>system>>configuration>>Catalog).Rest of all words translation works fine.Any help would be appreciable

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2