Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

setOrder function not work in v.1.3.2.1? 

CharlieXun

Total Posts:  30

Hi,

I use the following function to sort my products on Observer

$observer->getEvent()->getCollection()->setOrder("name""ASC");

It worked perfectly in v.1.3.1.1 but when I upgraded to v.1.3.2.1, it did’t work any more.

Can anyone tell me the reason or some other alternative solutions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magedev

Total Posts:  117

Try to check what data is hold in your event object:

var_dump($observer->getEvent()->getData());

Probably you want to get collection of objects stored in your event data. Just a guess…

Magento Community
Magento Community

CharlieXun

Total Posts:  30

The object is Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Collection, and its the parent class Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Collection_Abstract it has setOrder funciton. So I don’t know what happened?? Is it the latest the documentation in Magento site?

Magento Community
Magento Community

magedev

Total Posts:  117

Chances are the $observer->getEvent() is an instance of VarienEvent class, probably you’ve got to get data stored in event in a way similar to:

$observer->getEvent()->getData('products')->getCollection()->setOrder()
. I don’t know what data is stored in your event so I propse to check it using code I posted above. Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community