Magento Forum

Help finding a coder to fix my hacked Magento site? 

rebecca

Total Posts:  8

Hello--I’ve got a Magento site hosted on Hostgator, and about a month ago it was hacked, and began displaying malicious iframes. Every time I would ask Hostgator to restore to a previous version, the new site would show as hacked too.

So I asked them to restore to a backup from last October. Since then, though, HostGator had updated MySQL so that Magento didn’t work. A coder we were working with then, who has since disappeared, did something to fix it.

With the restored version from October, my site’s only displaying the following code upon loading the homepage:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home/crazycup/public_html/index.php on line 50

So the problems are as follows:
1. The site was hacked, and even when we restore it, it no longer works.

2. Before the site was hacked, the admin panel was hanging when you tried to use “Add Custom Options” on any product. It would never save the product with the new option. I was told this was because Hostgator had updated its version of MySQL so it was no longer compatible with that version of Magento, but who knows?

3. We do need to upgrade Magento so that the security vulnerability is closed, but we did have one custom module that allows a user to upload his own artwork when he’s ordering a personalized cup, and that (or something like it) would need to still be functional too.

Thanks in advance for any help you’re able to offer--whether you’re the coder I could hire to fix my site, or you can point me to someone who can.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community