Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Tables in homepage not displaying right

GREENLEAF

Total Posts:  30

So any table I put in with a cell pad or cell space (to space out some images) loads totally wrong when in magento, funny thing is if you did a view source and copied that html out and made a new doc it works perfect! Is this something that’s being changed by the css? Very strange and annoying, as I swear it just started happening and was working fine for a while.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i-link

Total Posts:  5

I have the same issue. I am trying to make a table with “custom borders” so I need the top, bottom and side cells to be exactly 7 pixels. My html is correct and everything looks correct when I put the code and preview in static block. But when I go to the page to look some magic formula(somewere in the css I guess) have forced the top and bottom cells to have a height 3 times my 7 pixels.

I have tryed to solve this all day but without any luck. Is there anybody out there that could point me in the right direction?

My magento version is 1.3.2.3

My annoying table error could be viewed here it has just one table at the bottom....

Thanks in advance.

JP

Magento Community
Magento Community

i-link

Ok...I finally solved the problem so I tought I should share it in case there is others that have the same problem.

I finally found the magical formula in the css that made my top and bottom cells to high. It was the standard body line in reset.css(line 29 for me) that addet 1.25em to the line height(regadless if ther is any tekst or not, but that just the way css works I suppose:-).

My sollution was to make a new div id just for my tables on the front page where I sat the font size to 0 px and set the lineheight to unchanged. Other tekst in the table I formated with HTML in the editor and my tables get the look I want.

I can also add that I installed Firebug to help me find the magic css formula.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GREENLEAF

Total Posts:  30

Yeah that makes sense now. Thanks for finding it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i-link

Just a little edit: It seems that it works in every browser exept Opera(have tested in firefox, IE, and Safari....

Someone got any idea wat to do with opera?

JP

Magento Community
Magento Community

i-link

Just another edit: found out that I used an very old version of Opera. I upgraded to a new version and now it seems to work ok. the top cell is about 1px to high, but that I am able to work around with an background in the top cells.

Have a nice weekend!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community