Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento in server cluster

gp01fb

Total Posts:  34

We’re planning to move our Magento system to a server cluster, which consists of web server (access by user), admin server (access by store administrator), and SQL server (database).

When an administrator add a new product to the store, the product image files will be stored in the admin server. Then when a user visit the store, will the store be able to pull the image files? If not, how can we fix this problem? Please advice.

Thank you very much.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I serve all images via a separate VPS by proxying those requests from the dedicated server’s apache to Lighty on the VPS. Images, like you, are uploaded on one server, I then have an rsync script on the VPS which logs in to the dedicated server over SSH and rsync’s the entire Media folder (as well as the skin and js folder - I server all static files from Lighty).

The sync cron runs every 15 minutes so at worst, an image is not available for 15 minutes. This could be set to 5 minutes if need be. This setup equally serves as a quasi backup solution for static files too.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community