Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image Upload still doesn’t work. Removing images doesn’t work either. Uploading category images is no problem. 

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

I have the latest magento beta and I still can’t get the image upload to work. The files are getting uploaded into the /media/tmp tree, but they are not moved into the catalog or products folders. The directories can be created fine. The /media tree has full 777 permissions. I also cannot remove an image. When the page updates no matter what I do in the image upload screen, it makes no changes. Even changing the base image to one that has already been uploaded does not update the product view or image. I’m using the sample data provided by Magento and some of the images actually don’t show up at all. When I look at the generated source, the src attribute is blank.

Interestingly enough, I can easily upload category images and they do go into the categoires folder under catalog/media. I know the image upload / removal component is written in FLEX and that stumps me because I have no idea what to do. Even if I had the original files, not just the .swf components, if the bug is in the flash code, I can’t do anything about it.

My question to magento developers I guess is what is this process that’s going on. Why are the images going into the /media/tmp folder but no further. Are they moved there by the FLEX component and is that component responsible for moving the files to their final destination? Or is it something with my server? I can’t possibly see what. I’ve even messed around with my php.ini and my server settings, tried everything in this posts and have still gotten nowhere.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4286/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My config:

Linux version 2.6.18-5-xen-vserver-amd64 (Debian 2.6.18.dfsg.1-17) (dannf@debian.org) (gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)) #1 SMP Sat Dec 22 22:58:29 UTC 2007
Apache 2.2.3
MySQL 5.0.32
-Debian_7etch5-log
PHP 5.2.0
-8+etch10 
Zend Core 
Platform

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stuart_h

Total Posts:  12

I was having the identical problem. However, the edits to .htaccess as per

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/16103/

addressed it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

I don’t have mod_security enabled. The edits to .htaccess just make the whole app stop working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Ok, so I finally got an image to upload today, although it’s still not showing on the front end. But it uploaded with a timestamp of 1:39. I was at lunch then. Is this image upload affected by some sort of cron job that only runs periodically? I don’t understand why this would happen. Not only that, but I viewed the product many times in both the admin and front end and it didn’t sow up till 4:30. Something’s not working correctly. Can any of the developers maybe shed some light on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Actually it uploaded, but it seems random. Any of the other images in .8xxxx didn’t upload (latest .8xxxx)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

For those who will be looking for the same problem - there might be a solution for you in another thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

I think in my particular case here, there was a problem with the config for Zend Core/Platform. Running on straight php, it works now in the latest version .9xxx - the release candidate. Still trying to figure out what is up with the Zend config as it might be useful to others who plan to deploy on that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magnex

Total Posts:  10

Try to install php-gd package (or php5-gd).

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

I already had gd2 installed and enabled. In my case it seems to be a server config issue since we’re not running plain old php but zend core/platform.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community