Magento Forum

finally installed magento 0.8.17240 now can’t do sample data

jjcapri

Total Posts:  15

Ok after days of frustration, I figured out the following (For Lunarpages if anyone’s searching on that)

Had to do the normal two things:
Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php5-cgi
AddHandler php5-cgi .php
to run in cgi mode. for some silly reason I thought I had the right php level, but I’m at 4. something…

and 2.

uncomment the line for 1and1 hosting:
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

The only other confusing issue is when creating users for the sql databases. I would put a 10 char username, but since lunarpages adds something_ before the username, my 10 chars get chopped to 8. Had to type in the username and database names about 8 times during the install process before I finally got the right combination :(
---

I am trying to install sample data. I ftp the data into the media folder as requested. I ran the sql query on a new database I created and that looked okay (not that I know what I’m looking at).

It now says to run the install again, but when I go to:
http://www.mywebsite.com/magento/install (which redirects to http://www.mywebsite.com/magento/index.php/)
I simply get:
No input file specified.

What does this mean?

Also, didn’t I at one time see a full and light install (with or without sample data) ? The downloads now seem to be separate.

Thanks,

JJ

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

I can’t really help you with the sample data packages since I’d never really bothered with it, but I can mention something about the full and light installs. They recently removed it so the sample data needs to be installed separately. Also, there is the full package which comes with all the code and the installer package which during install, you download the extra code required (both doesn’t have sample data). I believe this is how it works now XD.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

Not 100% sure this will work, but worth a try.

Delete magento/app/etc/local.xml (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!).

The installation wizard might then run.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jjcapri

Total Posts:  15

Thanks, I’ll try that next time. With the new release, I’m uploading it now. This time I’m just uploading the whole shot and will run the install. wish me luck! lol

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community