Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento CE 1.7 - How to assign Base, Small, and Thumbnail Image using Product Import? 

Mamaky5

Total Posts:  6

I’ve successfully uploaded all my products and product images by importing via CSV.

But for the products that have multiple images, I couldn’t figure out how to assign the Base, Small Image, and Thumbnail using the CSV.
Currently, Magento has selected by default the very last image of each product, as the Base, Small, and Thumbnail. But I want to be able to select my own using the CSV file, so that I can easily update this for thousands of SKUs.

Is it possible to do this by CSV?

I’ve searched far and wide, and finally figured out how to get products and images uploaded. But never found any pointers about how to assign the images.

Please help.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mamaky5

Thanks for the reply.

Please email me at johnny.wong AT mamaky DOT com

Magento Community
Magento Community

scubaguy

Total Posts:  3
Milwaukee, WI

Do yourself a favor and try Magento Mass Importer.  It is free and works perfectly http://sourceforge.net/projects/magmi/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mamaky5

Have you tried any other Product Manager tool?

I had tried Magmi, but I had a hard-time understanding how to use it. If you tell me that there\\\\\\\’s a bit of a learning curve, but once past it the world is a whole new place, then I\\\\\\\’ll get my developer to set it up for me again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mamaky5

Thanks for a reply.

I found Magmi hard to learn, and the instructions and need to install additional ‘Packages’ to Magmi were hard for me to understand.

I wish there was a forum for beginning users on Magmi, cuz the Wiki for it I’m pretty sure was written by a developer for developers.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be many choices out there.

Store Manager is $499 per license.

Clarastream is $499 per month.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase007
Guru

Total Posts:  388

Hi,

You have to add these fields on the .csv file:

thumbnail

small_image