Magento Forum

During installation I get the following errors regarding the MySQL tables

nnovak

Total Posts:  2

This is during the database portion of the installation.  Installing to test on localhost using Apache 2.2.x MySQL 5.2.x PHP 5.2.x on Windows XP Pro Sp2. Note the SQL Syntax error statement… The following is actually only the bottom portion of the error, I will attach the file for the complete output.

exception ‘Mage_Core_Exception’ with message ‘Error in file: “C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.15-0.7.16.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘ CHANGE `type_id` `type_id` VARCHAR(32) DEFAULT ‘simple’ NOT NULL’ at line 1’ in C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\Mage.php:348
Stack trace:
#0 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(278): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(158): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.0’, ‘0.7.21’)
#2 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(144): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb(’0.7.21’)
#3 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(111): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(186): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(195): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(NULL)
#6 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\Mage.php(378): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’default’, ‘store’, NULL)
#7 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\app\Mage.php(398): Mage::app(’default’, ‘store’, NULL)
#8 C:\WEB WORK\Test\magento\index.php(29): Mage::run(’default’)
#9 {main}

File Attachments
error.txt  (File Size: 10KB - Downloads: 255)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

The MySQL query is probably malformed. It is complaining about a #1064 which normally means that you are attempting to use a reserved keyword within the query in the wrong spot. This issue would probably only be solvable via Varien as it is at the code level. What you could do is try reuploading the install files, making sure everything is present and valid, in case there was a corruption somewhere. Obviously, before you run the install again, you should delete all the tables present in the old DB.

PS: It is stuck at the keyword “CHANGE”.

MySQL 5 Reserved Words: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/reserved-words.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

nnovak

Total Posts:  2

Thank you for the reply, I did notice the keyword “CHANGE” was the issue. I have also tried downloading the files and uploading them again with reproduced results. I’ve verified the version of MySQL I’m running and it is actually 5.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community