Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Import multiple prices

davy

Total Posts:  20

Products can be assigned multiple prices (per quantity and/or customer groups)
Is it (or will it be) possible to import products with those prices set? (I surely hope so) If so, how to specify the rules in the export/import?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Total Posts:  191

I have the same question, need and hope.  Thanks - Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Is anyone at Magento aware of a way to do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

It can be done via the database, in the catalog_product_entity_tier_price table. Take a look at it and if you cant figure it out, PM me and I’ll provide further instructions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

I had a look at the table in the DB and I must admit it is not intuitive to me how I would import say:

QTY: 1-9 $50
QTY: 10-99 $40
QTY: 100-9999 $30
QTY: 1000-99999 $20

Any detailed instructions or an import utility would be quite helpful.

Thanks - Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

roco - 22 March 2008 09:07 PM

I had a look at the table in the DB and I must admit it is not intuitive to me how I would import say:

QTY: 1-9 $50
QTY: 10-99 $40
QTY: 100-9999 $30
QTY: 1000-99999 $20

Any detailed instructions or an import utility would be quite helpful.

Thanks - Rob

I created a video and I hope it helps. I will provide additional detailed information by tomorrow. Let me know if this worked/ didn’t work for you.

I cant figure out how to embed it in this forum so I posted it on my site

http://www.mytechfactory.com/articles/tier-import-prices-into-magento-ecommerce-shopping-cart/

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

PERFECT - Thank you very much for putting this together.  Way above the call of duty but it worked like a charm. - Thanks Again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Is anyone at magento considering a way to import tier pricing from the data flow profiles, or is this the only solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

Update - This seemed to be working after one import but upon updating this table: “catalog_product_entity_tier_price”, I started to get some strange results:

Note:
Whenever I update this table I truncate it and start fresh

So after truncating the table and importing my prices, I started to get unpredictable results on the front end GUI(Notice the front end pictures below - one of the products is missing 2 price tiers : 2 and 20), even though the values in the table “catalog_product_entity_tier_price” (See table rows below) are correct.  As you can see I am still missing front end information from data I can see in the table.

The other very strange behvoir is that there used to be a note that comes up next t to the price on tier priced items that said “As low as $xx.xx” that never shows up anymore?  What tables are influenced by tiered pricing?  Something very strange is going on here......

SIDE NOTE:

We manage over 30,000 products and I need to understand how pricing is handled and how we are expected to import new pricing schemas (with tier prices).  It also appears that the “price” field in the front end cannot be driven off of the tier pricing table - thus making it so I would have to import new pricing twice?? or import the 1-10 category to a different table?

I know that there is a lot of work being done on the dataflow modules, but will the work address any of these pricing and product import issues? 

I have put a lot of stock and time into this product but I am getting concerned about some of the workflows around importing and updating products and prices as there appears to be major problems here.  Could someone at Magento please comment on the present and near-future workflow for importing and updating products and prices either with the backend or with a SQL query? 

I would be happy to use SQL queries to do this............ but I do not understand the magento database structure well enough to do this yet.

Thank You,
Roco

Image Attachments
MySQL Table.pngEnitity ID 2.pngEnitity ID 3.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

UPDATE:  After reading through MYTECHFACTORY’s database documentation (thank you again MYTECH FACTORY!!) , I am wondering if I need to clear out indexes in order to get more predictable results. I found these lines in the DB Schema SQL:

CREATE INDEX fk_catalog_product_entity_tier_price_group ON catalog_product_entity_tier_price (`customer_group_id`);
CREATE INDEX fk_catalog_product_entity_tier_price_product_entity ON catalog_product_entity_tier_price (`entity_id`);
CREATE INDEX fk_catalog_product_tier_website ON catalog_product_entity_tier_price (`website_id`);

Are these indexes filled with rows related to tier pricing that I need to clear in order to get predictable GUI behavoir?  Is there facility to clear out an index in the Admin interfaces?  Or is there a SQL statement to clear these indexes?  Am I on the right path?  Is this all going to be a mute point with the new release this month? 

Thanks,
roco

Magento Community
Magento Community

roco

I am really struggling with this.  I need to be able to update pricing and do not know how to do it for a product catalog (10,000 products with tier pricing).  Could someone comment on a best practice for this?

Thanks,
roco

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dekard

Total Posts:  80

Man, is it too much to hope for an easy way to do this using a simple .csv or xml file? It would be so very nice if tiers could be specificed in the import file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maxcdr

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

For the moment I use the tip of mytechfactory (many thanks to him for his nice video). But I agree that the possibility to import tier prices using System > Import/Export > Profiles > Import all products would be really perfect. Hope somebody will figure it out soon ! (I tried but not strong enough in programming...).

Cheers,
Maxcdr

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

I think this would help a ton of people, so I put it in feature requests. Anyone want to add to that thread and push it?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/14085/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

B-(( The video does not seem reachable anymore…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mejim707

Total Posts:  16

I am blown away by how many posts I’ve found on this site posted since the beginning of this year (08) requesting the ability to import tiered pricing. Has someone figured out a way / hack to get this done? Does anyone know if Magento will be adding this very powerful feature? I am completely stuck and without this seemingly obvious feature I cannot use Magento but may need to settle for a pretty crappy Peachtree - web trader approach. I do not want to go this route. Even if I have to do this myself or work with others as a team to get this done I will by all means I will! Please, anyone, if it seems like I’m begging I am. That’s how great this product is. What can we all do as a team to make this happen?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2