Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin Unaccessable

juice454

Total Posts:  12

Another cry for help.

I was rolling along fine and dandy in the admin when I tried to change the base url.  I wanted to see if I could update the store to longer point to /magento/.  Anyways, I changed the entry for this value in admin > configuration > web.  It didn’t take and I could no longer log in to the admin, nor drill down any further than the top level of the site.  LINK. You’ll notice the 404 error page gets served up and the style sheets are not being served.  Not being able to access the admin has basically closed me off from editing the configuration settings back to what they were.  So I’ve tried just updating the DB values, but I fear something else might have been edited.....XML file?  Cache file?  I’m out of ideas.

I’ve scoured the forums and tried everything obvious.
- reverting the core_config_data table back to before I changed the admin values
- clearing cache
- clearing cookies
- trying out the site in FF and IE

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

juice454

Sorry for the double post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

juice454

On a whim, tried deleting everything out of the /var/cache/ folder and that did the trick.  *sigh* Problem solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community