Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I retrieve a user name / pass

timnewbill

Total Posts:  2

I was working on installing Magento late last night and forgot the username/pass I used for my client’s website. I saved my key though. I just didn’t write down anything else. Is there a quick way to recover it or do I need to re-install?  Thanks, Tim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

You can look in the database at the “admin_user” Table to get the username you used, the password value is salted though… but maybe seeing the username will jog your memory for the password.  If not.. yeah you might have to re-install.

Note though… I wouldn’t use Magento in production yet.. you might be putting your client at risk.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

For now until the user password hashing finalized we use simple md5. So to reset a user password just run on your SQL;

update `admin_user` set `password`=md5(’newpassword’) where `username`=’username’;

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community