Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from 1.4.2. to 1.7

exitzone

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have upgraded the magento site from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2.But I am getting several issues when upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.7

I followed this

http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-guide/

Once all upgrades are done I cannot see the homepage it showing me lots of arrays printed in the web.
Second time it was giving me Fobidden error.

I need to know if we can actually upgrade this version or is there any other way to do this?

Sometimes I can see this error comes in SSH panel

PHP Notice:  Array to string conversion in /var/www/vhosts/PATH/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Command/Install.php on line 356

Any Ideas
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

hi
if you enter all commands correctly and read output and error logs,
you will be able to upgrade magento.
the most time consuming operation is database upgrade.

i can confirm that upgrading magento 1.3 > 1.7 is simple as drink a beer in a summer day.

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

Hey,

Did a quick read over the upgrade steps, not bad, however I have found there were some pretty big table changes around 1.6, which made my upgrade fall over a few times. So I took a different track.

I took a clean copy of magento and performed the upgrade against the database. This way I could get the db upgraded, and see how the default template works.

hth
Brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

exitzone - 11 July 2013 03:35 AM

Hi,

I have upgraded the magento site from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2.But I am getting several issues when upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.7

I followed this

http://turnkeye.com/blog/magento-upgrade-guide/

Once all upgrades are done I cannot see the homepage it showing me lots of arrays printed in the web.
Second time it was giving me Fobidden error.

I need to know if we can actually upgrade this version or is there any other way to do this?

Sometimes I can see this error comes in SSH panel

PHP Notice:  Array to string conversion in /var/www/vhosts/PATH/downloader/lib/Mage/Connect/Command/Install.php on line 356

Any Ideas
Thanks

Upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.7 should not be a problem. As others have pointed out, the most risky part is the database upgrade. To mitigate the chance of errors through the upgrade, you should limit site access to only your IP address during the upgrade and set the server timeout values high enough to allow the data upgrade script to complete. Also, never upgrade on a “live” store. Preferably, create a staging environment and apply the upgrade and sort out any issues first.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community