Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
How much would you pay for a theme? 

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Scott - 29 March 2008 05:53 PM

This site has some [insert derogative adjective] “free skins” for pretty cheap.

Especially considering they are illegally using the Magento trademark in their domain name, as well as the word “free” which their themes clearly aren’t. They also look pretty stock to me. “List price” is $49.99 though, seems like someone’s been watching this thread, because a couple weeks ago, they were only $25 and there was no list price. Looks like they’ve raised their “free skin” prices. Hilarious.

That site no longer exists now. Guess they shouldn’t have violated the trademark.  tongue rolleye

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Actually, it is still there - you just have to put the www. infront of it rather than what the link uses.  My bad.

Seriously, those are barely even modified from the default template.  Wow.  Horiffic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Monster templates sells a shopping cart template for about $159.00, sounds fair to me, if i was going to pay for a custom template it would be about $3000.00 but you would really have to know what you are doing for that kind of money,

As for that site that is charging $49.99 for them “free skins” even if they gave them away i would look else where smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

nberkopec

Total Posts:  5

Agreed. 50-150 range is probably best.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2