Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pull data out of Magento

markgreen1056

Total Posts:  3

I am very excited about this platform.

How can my local order manager system pull customers and orders out of Magento. Is there some XML/SOAP interface.

I want to pull order data into my system from Magento and also update order status on Magento from my application.

Preferable without having to import / export files.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

markgreen1056

any response to this please…

Magento Community
Magento Community

cornernote

Total Posts:  16

Magento does RSS feeds, so with a few hours of learning about how it works I can’t see a problem getting XML into the format you want.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markgreen1056

thanks for the reply.

What would be the recomended approach to update data on Magento [e.g. Order status] from external applications.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cornernote

Total Posts:  16

I am new so forgive me if my understanding is incorrect, but I believe data import/export is one of the features that is undergoing more development before the final release.

The way I would do it currently is to get the data into a CSV and use the import tool in System > Import/Export.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community