Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

logging request! 

aimos

Total Posts:  18

Hi Magento Team.

My time with the magento codebase is hard. Well I think thats normal when you start with something you don’t know.
I have seen that the log() is fully functional. (At least there is no return statement right after the signiture anymore.

PLEASE put in for the next release some log statements in some of the key places. Like after reading xml, after fetching an action, after deciding if an action is there, before redirecting to the ooooops page. I guess there are some more places.

Today I can’t login intoi magento admin, BUT the login procedure returns SUCCESS (I used print_r to check that). No idea why I did’nt get forwarded to the admin. At points like that it would be nice to have a look at a log.

And furthermore please where can I enable logging?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

If you are working on the localhost, you will have to use the local IP or to change in the hosts file localhost to localhost.com
If you cannot login into the admin, you probably cannot login on the front end as a user as well

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community