Magento Forum

How do I allow the user to select attributes (size,color,etc) on the catelog page before adding to basket

xil

Total Posts:  7

First of all apologies if this has already been gone over, I’ve tried to search the site but was unable to find anything exactly along the lines of my question.

I’m quite simply trying to allow someone to add a configurable product into the basket from the catelog page.

At the moment the system will check to see if it has any attributes that need selecting say for example the color, and will then take them through to theproduct screen and ask them to select a color.

I want to bypass this by having the color dropdown on the catelog page.

I’m not bad with php and the magento style of coding and I’m comfortable working my way through but I guess if anyone could save me time that wouldbe great, so is it possible at all is my first question? And if it is possible has someone done it already and if not can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. awesome system as well I have to say a huge thanks for doing it all open source, tad slow in IE but I guess that’s IE for you :)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ptityop

Total Posts:  105

I think you have the option to display product attributes as you say by enabling the “Visible on Catalog Pages on Front-end” option on your product attribute

Magento Community
Magento Community

xil

Total Posts:  7

Hi Ptityop,

I’ve seen the ‘Visible on catalog...’ option but it doesn’t seem to do what I want, I presume it’s for something else, perhaps displaying the text.

I’ve been having a play today and have tried adding some of the product’s view.xml into the list.xml but it doesn’t seem to want to work at all. It wont even display the ‘Add to cart’ button.

Could one of the Magento team just confirm if it is at all possible to do, I’d really appriciate just a ‘no’ or ‘really complicated, don’t have time to explain’ or something simliar.

Just to reiterate, I want to create a config product with say 3 colors, but when someone is viewing the catalog list view I want them to be able to select the color and quantity from that screen rather than haveing to go into the product view.

Cheers for any help,

Ben.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community