Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

adding a custom payment module breaks the layout

janice

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

One the onepage checkout under payment method (we only use Authorize.net) we want to add a checkbox that only shows up under certain conditions.  So I created a custom module called code/local/Company/Ppayment and one Block in it that extends Mage_Payment_Block_Form_Cc.  As soon as I add the rewrite for that Block in config.xml, I lose the entire form in the payment method area.  I figured out that the line that is supposed to render that form is in template/checkout/onepage/payment/methods.phtml:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('payment.method.'.$_code?>

but I don’t know why rewriting the Mage_Payment_Block_Form_Cc would cause that behavior.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
janice

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community