Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Install issue

jewraj

Total Posts:  2

hi I tried to install Magento on godaddy. I am getting the following error please help me.I am using godaddy control center 2.10.0 and IIS 7.0 with PHP 5.x
error: - Fatal error: Class ‘Zend_Cache’ not found in D:\Hosting\5365894\html\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cache.php on line 122

rksarit

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

drormik

Total Posts:  3

Hi Guys, Since i was struggeling with the same issue (and godaddy support is useless in assisting with this issue) , and just a few minutes ago resolved it, i just had to share.

you should create a file called php5.ini , and place in on the magento folder. and in the root foder

I placed it both on the root folder (one folder above the /magento folder) and another copy in the magento folder - just in case.

inside the php5.ini file, you should paste the following 3 rows:

register_globals = on
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1
allow_url_fopen = on

I then proceeded to the link, and presto - it worked !

by the way. I didn\\\’t use the \\\"cgi-bin\\\" folder when installing.  it is not mandatory to use php5-cgi to run magento !

Hope this helps.  good luck !

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeoOne

jewraj - 23 February 2010 12:06 PM

hi I tried to install Magento on godaddy. I am getting the following error please help me.I am using godaddy control center 2.10.0 and IIS 7.0 with PHP 5.x
error: - Fatal error: Class ‘Zend_Cache’ not found in D:\Hosting\5365894\html\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Cache.php on line 122

rksarit

hosted at Godaddy and have same issue. anyone can tell how to fix?

Update:
Mikmak- thanks! it didn’t work first time, but then in about 30 minutes it started working! Odd, but I’m happy now!

Magento Community
Magento Community

camila1984

Total Posts:  4

Just to let you all know that I had once installed in GoDaddy without a problem, but in my second installation this same problem came up and I managed to solve it by adding the php5.ini which mikmak suggested. Thanks everybody! It’s finally working!

Magento Community
Magento Community

chicagowebmgmt

I’m on Godaddy and have php5 AND am using Community 1.6

This fix (creating a php5.ini file and installing in root) solved my ‘no input file found’ issue.

register_globals = on
allow_url_fopen = on
cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1

Is all you need in that file.

----------------------------------

for the ‘database host portion’ put in
YOURDATABASE.db.XXXXXX.hostedresource.com
Where YOURDATABASE is name of db and XXXXXX is the numerical value for your specific DB server
(of course, if the hostedresource.com portion is different, change that as well)

Thanks for the tip! hope this helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3