Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Which xml-file is used on [insert_page_here]? 

johannes80

Total Posts:  9

Hello

How can i check which xml-file(s) (in the layout folder) that’s currently being used?

The problem I have right now. In my default.xml (/my_theme/layout/core/default.xml) i have:
<action method="setTemplate"><template>page/3columns.phtml</template></action>

..but it’s not using 3columns.phtml, it’s using 2columns-right.phtml on my “start page”. If I comment out some of the xml-tags in default.xml the design changes, so it seems like if its actually using default.xml.

Is there a file that overrides default.xml somewhere maybe?

Thanks for your help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

johannes80

Total Posts:  9

johannes80 - 12 September 2007 03:12 AM

..but it’s not using 3columns.phtml, it’s using 2columns-right.phtml on my “start page”. If I comment out some of the xml-tags in default.xml the design changes, so it seems like if its actually using default.xml.

Is there a file that overrides default.xml somewhere maybe?

The “start page” is considered a CMS-page and I could change the template from the administration interface (under CMS > Manage pages).

Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

Johannes, maybe you’ll find an answer in the Wiki. I’ve nearly finished the chapter treating about XML in layouts so it could be useful for you.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/Designing-for-Magento/

It isn’t finished yet but i’m working on it.

Generally default.xml is a base xml structure and is updated on per-page basis. You must reffer to the xml files used in layout (layout folder) to see which template is used. That is shortly described in the Wiki but should last for you.

If you’ll have any problems , PM please grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community