Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I add a second attribute

ptityop

Total Posts:  105

I am having some troubles finding out how to add a second attribute to a product… do we need to create a single product for each attribute again? for a shirt for instance, to have size and gender, do we need to create as many single products as there are sizes and gender ?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

You have to have a simple product for each set of attributes variation
For example if you have Size and Color
Size: L and XL
Color: Black and White
You will have to create 4 products to cover each combination

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

i am working on a PHP script that will generate SKU and single product and you will be able to download a CSV File and import it into Magento.

Because right now I have 90 products, with over 200 single products each…

The Magento Team should really work on a solution to solve this issue or many people will have no other chose than finding another solution. This is a feature that MANY people are asking!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptityop

Total Posts:  105

thanks lior.... and would you know how to proceed to let customers enter thenumber of items they want for each attribute..say someone want 2 xl and 1 S of the same shirt.... ?many thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

There is no option to let user add different attributes of the same product to the shopping cart at once.
Customer can add product with different attributes to the shopping cart, but each combination of attributes will have to be added the shopping cart
You can configure the site to stay on the product info page after they add product to the shopping cart, then user can just select different set of attribute and add that combination to the shopping cart.

If you would like customer to be taken to the shopping cart each time that they add product, they will have to go back to that product info page and add that product with different attributes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

I’ve just finish to code a little php script to generate all the sku and field mapping in a CSV, but I am currently having a problem importing them thru the Import Profile…

As soon as the issue is fixed, I will make a zip file of it…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community