Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Updated to latest version--now all files are gone! 

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

i updated to the latest version this morning the same way i did the previous update, but this time as soon as the update finished, i am unable to find ANY magento files at all--the admin area gone and there’s nothing in the magento folders on my ftp site. it appears that the update wiped everything out.

i haven’t been doing anything more with magento than testing it out so it’s not a huge deal to just reinstall a fresh copy, but i’m wondering why this happened and how i can avoid having this happen again in the future.

thanks in advance for any insight.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

ok i found the files buried elsewhere but i still can’t access the storefront or admin like i was able to before. i just get 403 and 404 type errors. any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community