Magento Forum

Cannot get passed Download page on Installation Wizard

Nosam

Total Posts:  10

Can anyone help with a simple problem. Having followed the installation guide for magento downloader 1.3.2.1 and checked my php settings are ok, when I run the wizard and click ‘start the download process’ the frame scrolls the contents but doesn’t proceed beyond this page. No download complete, it just stops.

Am I missing something?

Many Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

the first thing to check is always permissions

Magento Community
Magento Community

dochere2

Total Posts:  2

Same issue here. Stalls at: install ok: channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_Js_Prototype-1.3.2

Permissions set to 777. No errors in PEAR list. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nosam

Tried a new clean FTP upload, tried default permissions, tried 775 permissions on whole magento folder, nothing proceeds beyond the download page. Tried 777 permissions and the pearl frame returns an error page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dochere2

Total Posts:  2

I was able to get it to work, but not using the downloader. Instead I downloaded the complete install and FTP’d it the same as you would a Joomla install. Modified the .htaccess, set permissions on a few files and directories, then proceeded to the domain. Everything went smoothly this way. Front and back-end access and everything looks good.

I followed these instructions word for word.

If you’re not on 1and1, possibly disregard the step regarding modifying the .htaccess if you are already running php5

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nosam

Not on 1to1 but you method worked for me too, cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community