Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Out Of Memory Error In Backend

viralbamboo

Total Posts:  2

Ok so this has been driving me nuts, I’m getting an out of memory error in the Magneto backend when I click into admin backend -> System-> Configuration -> Payment Methods. Everything else works without any issues.

This is the error I’m getting

Out of memory (allocated 39059456) (tried to allocate 2 bytesin /home/pendulum/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Element.php on line 84

or sometimes

Fatal errorOut of memory (allocated 40108032) (tried to allocate 501761 bytesin /home/###/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/form.phtml on line 29

It seems to change every so often, and it’s a different line a lot of the time which really makes it confusing!

My server has 6Gb ram, an SSD and 2 CPU’s running WHM with a few other low traffic sites on it.

I have investigated multiple different ways of increasing my memory limits and they appear to have been set:

- php.ini file memory set to 520M
- .htaccess file memory set to 520M
- index.php also set memory limit in this file to 520M
- phpinfo(); shows memory limit is 520M

and here’s some phpinfo();

PHP Version 5.3.25
Server API  CGI
/FastCGI
Virtual Directory Support   disabled
Configuration File (php
.ini) Path   /usr/lib
Loaded Configuration File   
/usr/local/lib/php.ini
*local and master values the same *
max_execution_time  30  
max_file_uploads    20  
max_input_nesting_level 64  
max_input_time  60
max_input_vars  1000    
memory_limit    520M

So as you can imagine I’m completely out of ideas here now, any Magneto pro’s be able to help me out?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

memory_limit integer
This sets the maximum amount of memory in bytes that a script is allowed to allocate
This helps prevent poorly written scripts for eating up all available memory on a serverNote that to have no memory limitset this directive to -1.

probably something esle is wrong in your setup.
if you dont use any customizations on that lines, try to recompile php/apache
but cleanup configs before.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

viralbamboo

Total Posts:  2

Something wrong with the way the actual server itself is setup or with Magento? Or could be either?

I’m not really do keen on re-compiling apache/php right now as I’ve a couple of sites on the server which I had to tweak a few things to get them working so I’d rather not risk affecting them.

It’s really confused me though that it’s allocating more than enough memory, yet it’s saying it’s ran out of memory. and the error appears to be showing up in core magento files as opposed to any plugins or templates which is rather odd

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community