Magento Forum

Customers not receiving e-mail if using Microsoft Outlook

bkaldenberg

Total Posts:  1

This is a really wierd issue. When I signup as a new customer using a gmail account the e-mail address received the automated messages we have setup.

However, when attempting to use a Microsoft Outlook e-mail address I never receive the automated registration e-mails. And neither does my client’s Outlook.

Both of our Outlooks are working fine, but can’t receive Magento e-mail for some reason. Out e-mail is with Godaddy?

Anyone seen a problem like this?

Thanks,
Brian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wayoutwest

Total Posts:  11

by “out email is with godaddy”, do you mean the email address that outlook is checking is an email through godaddy or godaddy website?  if so, that’s probably the problem.  Even if you have all spam filtereing turned off in control panel on godaddy, they still check the message against blacklists.  So, if any of ther servers email goes through has been blacklisted, then godaddy will block the email (even though you told them to not do any spam filtering). 

Also be sure to check spam folder in outlook.  Outlook has its own built in spam filtering and it’s caught some of my website’s emails. 

Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alex Krenvalk

Total Posts:  6

Some time ago I knew one nice tool-importing .ost file into outlook.It works with office file,exactly outlook files.It helped me twice.Program has free status as is known.Moreover utility can read *.ost files and extract your mails, contacts, tasks and calendars from it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community