Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layout with “header” in left column and more

mrm2k9

Total Posts:  11

Hello,

I’m fairly new to magento. I want to create a shop with a layout like attached. I have read into (and built a testshop) the administration of a magento shop and now want to customise the shops layout as attached.

2 column layout:
- left (from top to bottom): logo, category links, statric content
- right: content like static cms pages, products, checkout etc.

1 absolutely positioned div (always visible) in the right top corner with links to cart, login and wishlist.

Is this possible with magento? All shops I have seen so far follow the classic “header - content - footer"-sandwich-layout.

Any ideas what i need to think of? Any Problems i might face? If you think this layout is bad, why?

Thanks a lot

Michael

Image Attachments
layout.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Magento’s templating and layout system is fully flexible and will definitely be able to support that layout.

You are going to have to get very well acquainted with how Magento renders a page - suggest you read the design guide and start with some basic exercises before moving on to something like this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community