Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

HELP! Accidentlay changed Base URLs and now admin doesn’t display or work properly

ImuaKahuna

Total Posts:  4

HELP! Accidentally changed Base URLs for my default config and now admin doesn’t display properly. as soon as I saved the configuration the refreshed screen come up as a broken html skeleton of what is supposed to be displayed. I can see the form still but when I try to submit it in this broken state nothing happens (see broken admin in attached image). All this happened simply by changing 2 base urls to have the incorrect file path now how do I get it back to normal. I cant reinstall, to much work done already.

Image Attachments
Capturedddd.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TSwanson

Total Posts:  16

If you familiar with going into the db manually you can change the base url values in the core_config_data table back to what you need.  I use PHPmyadmin as provided by my host.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Check this thread. There’s a step abotu changing the base url into your database.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/index.php/viewthread/27272/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community