Magento Forum

Where is magento “staff”

ptityop

Total Posts:  105

Seems very difficult to get replies to posts..is there any magento staff looking after this forum .... ? Will it be a bit better “serviced” when production version comes out… I did ask some important questions and to this day I still do not know if working on magento is the right thing to do or if everything I’m doing now is absoltuly vain....

my suggestion would be ..a better response to posts.... if possible… Now I know that this is the pb with open source projects… we cannot expect the same kind of service as a paid service..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Our staff is fully consumed in developing the product. We do our best to reply as much as possible and we’ll continue to be involved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptityop

Total Posts:  105

Ok i understand..now can you just reply ton one question please… i am working on the latest realease design and getting the shop ready to go live when the production version is out.. will it be easy to upgrade to the production release or will it mess all the work I am currently doing....many thanks, this is important in order to avoid wasting time working for nothing… grin thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anjanesh

Total Posts:  136
Mumbai, India

Same question here. Someone wants Magento installed for his ecommerce solution because its really neat. Im very skeptical about this because its too early to start implementing this & the community content on Magento is pretty low when compared to OSCommerce.
If I install the .8 version, how easy would it be to upadte to .85, .9 etc etc to 1.0 ?
But most importantly, will the mysql-database structure remain the same ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community