Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I add products, but they don’t appear in the store…

tom.synnott

Total Posts:  37

I have been adding products, making sure they are in-stock and enabled but when I go to my store they do not show up… Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Did you assign product to the store in the “Website” tab of the edit products in the admin?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Total Posts:  61

I suspect this may be the same problem reported here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4384/

New version will not populate individual stores only the “mailn website” store.  Seems to be a major bug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

All the previous versions seem to have done that as well, just with the new version, it does not allow you to select an individual store to update.  That’s the only way I could get the stores to update in previous versions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dell

Total Posts:  61

It’s a puzzle for sure.  I have an updated (latest) version running with 4 separate stores on another server and it allows you to put in a product and then assign that product to any or all of the 4 individual stores.  That site was originally built more than two months ago and has been upgraded numerous times.

Then I had a prior version put up about 2 weeks ago on a separate server.  New version with new database.  Pretty sure it was version 0.8.16100.  It had a main website but you could add separate individual stores and my recollection is you disabled the main website store so it didn’t show in your store switcher.  Anyway, I was able to configure 4 separate stores and populate them with separate products and it functioned once that was done just like prior versions.

On the latest version I have tried 7 ways from breakfast to configure the 4 stores so individual products could be added to any or all stores.  Only outcome I have been able to get is all products in the product list showing up in all stores.  Individual store selectors are never offered as an option in the product configuration views. 

I assume it’s a bug and will be addressed in next release.  Hope so, for multiple stores are of no use if you can’t discriminate on products offered in each.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

And I just discovered that editing existing products from prev versions, does not work, does not show on the front end. Even with /var/cache deleted. I also cannot change the page template of exisiting categories.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dikomo

Total Posts:  9

I had fresh install of version 0.8.17240 and tried to add new products, but it does not show under category assigned even though the category List shows 2 Items(s) but the product itself does not display. See my attachment.

I have made sure category and items are enabled with quantities set.

I just did fresh install of version 0.9.17740 and same thing happens. Does anybody have the same problem?

Image Attachments
screenshot.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

I can add products, but still not upload images with the latest .9 both beta and alpha, downloaded through svn and exported or directly downloaded through svn.

What I get are either of these two exceptions. This first when adding a product altogether with or without images. Next post the exceptions I get when trying to add images.

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Attribute/Backend/Media.php on line 82
[0] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Attribute_Backend_Media
->beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product)
[1] in call_user_func_array(Array[2]Array[1]in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 487
[2] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract
->walkAttributes("backend/beforeSave"Array[1]in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 1126
[3] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract
->_beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Productin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product.php on line 101
[4] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product
->_beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Productin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 794
[5] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract
->save(Mage_Catalog_Model_Productin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 227
[6] in Mage_Core_Model_Abstract
->save() in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 322
[7] in Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController
->saveAction() in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341
[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action
->dispatch("save"in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php on line 141
[9] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin
->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Httpin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147
[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front
->dispatch() in /web03/magento/pub/app/Mage.php on line 421
[11] in Mage
::run("default"in /web03/magento/pub/index.php on line 29

exception 
'Zend_Controller_Response_Exception' with message 'Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php, line 191' in /web03/magento/pub/lib/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php:281
Stack trace
:
#0 /web03/magento/pub/lib/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(147): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(224): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setRedirect('http://magentot...')
#2 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(355): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->_redirect('*/*/edit', Array)
#3 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(341): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->saveAction()
#4 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(141): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('save')
#5 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /web03/magento/pub/app/Mage.php(421): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#7 /web03/magento/pub/index.php(29): Mage::run('default')
#8 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

And when only trying to upload images:

This is worse than before. The product does get added but never with images.

WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Attribute/Backend/Media.php on line 82
[0] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Attribute_Backend_Media
->beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product)
[1] in call_user_func_array(Array[2]Array[1]in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 487
[2] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract
->walkAttributes("backend/beforeSave"Array[1]in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 1126
[3] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract
->_beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Productin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product.php on line 101
[4] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product
->_beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Productin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 794
[5] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract
->save(Mage_Catalog_Model_Productin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 227
[6] in Mage_Core_Model_Abstract
->save() in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 322
[7] in Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController
->saveAction() in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341
[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action
->dispatch("save"in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php on line 141
[9] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin
->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Httpin /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147
[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front
->dispatch() in /web03/magento/pub/app/Mage.php on line 421
[11] in Mage
::run("default"in /web03/magento/pub/index.php on line 29

exception 
'Zend_Controller_Response_Exception' with message 'Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php, line 191' in /web03/magento/pub/lib/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php:281
Stack trace
:
#0 /web03/magento/pub/lib/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php(147): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders(true)
#1 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(224): Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setRedirect('http://magentot...')
#2 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(355): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->_redirect('*/*/edit', Array)
#3 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(341): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->saveAction()
#4 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(141): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('save')
#5 /web03/magento/pub/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /web03/magento/pub/app/Mage.php(421): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#7 /web03/magento/pub/index.php(29): Mage::run('default')
#8 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

tom.synnott

So where am I ment to assign the Product to the store? I cannot see that anywhere in the product info tab....

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

tom.synnott - 22 March 2008 12:08 AM

So where am I ment to assign the Product to the store? I cannot see that anywhere in the product info tab....

If you have already added a product, go to that individual product page, go to ‘categories’, where, in the ‘product categories’, select the category you want the product be.

Also, I believe, before you can do this, you need to have category added in the ‘manage categories’ page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tom.synnott

chinesedream - 22 March 2008 10:25 AM

tom.synnott - 22 March 2008 12:08 AM

If you have already added a product, go to that individual product page, go to ‘categories’, where, in the ‘product categories’, select the category you want the product be.

Also, I believe, before you can do this, you need to have category added in the ‘manage categories’ page.

Hi there I have done all this, still no luck…

Magento Community
Magento Community

dikomo

Total Posts:  9

dikomo - 19 March 2008 04:47 PM

I had fresh install of version 0.8.17240 and tried to add new products, but it does not show under category assigned even though the category List shows 2 Items(s) but the product itself does not display. See my attachment.

I have made sure category and items are enabled with quantities set.

I just did fresh install of version 0.9.17740 and same thing happens. Does anybody have the same problem?

FYI: My problem above fixed by installing GD2 for php. Apparently from the version 0.8.17240, the image adapter is using GD2.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community