I have created a magento site which has several pages of non-ecommerce content along with the shopping cart portion. I am having a problem and am wondering if the following procedure is correct:
- I created CMS Pages for each of the pages.
- I created a category with the name of each page.
- I used URL Rewrite Management to direct the links on the main menu to the cms pages. Specifically I:
- deleted the existing url rewrite for that category
- copied the url of the link to that category and redirected it to the url I get when I click “preview” for the cms page
This works, but the problem is the “Redirect” setting for the rewrite keeps getting changed from “Permanent (301) to “No”. Since I have about 10 of these it is very tedious to change them back to “Permanent” all the time. I’ve noticed they get reset during reindexing, and it seems at other times also.
Is this the best practice for linking main menu buttons to CMS pages? How can I make them stay permanent?