Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Diferent prices for same items but in different shops

Paul

Total Posts:  1

A client who is interested in changing his cart sometime next year asked me the other day about applying a different price to the same item but for a different shop.  For example, he knows that some items in the other country shop will not sell at the same price (taking into any monetary adjustments) that it would in this country.  Like in Europe you will never find a Super Big Gulp for $1 but maybe $5 (nobody here would pay $5 for it so he would adjust the price to reflect the areas uniqueness in pricing structure for this item) I know that I can create a rule say for this sake it is Chinese version of the shop and apply a rule across the shop or a group/category of items say 20% off the default price setup in the products price.  This unfortunately shows the item at the original cost then the so called sale price.  This of course, is not what he wants..  Is there currently a way to attain this modification to products price for the other shop.  Thus allowing a products adjusted price be set as default/original this other shop? For the life of me I thought this was possible with Magento but, I can’t seem to find how.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

Nice idea, I can see how this would be useful.

Maybe a price and a cost field for each installed language/store on the Product Information -> Prices screen would do the trick…

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Just a quick work around for using the specials you can comment out the original price from the templates so it is not shown. We will look into solving this in a more straightforward way in future releases.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community