Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wiki - Oscommerce Import issue… any help? 

lowkey704

Total Posts:  41

* Starting profile execution, please wait…
* Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data
* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Io :: load
* Error occured during file opening: “Could not establish FTP connection, invalid host or port”
* Finished profile execution.

I am trying to import a database out of an Oscommerce site. I read the wiki page on this and thought I have done everything right… but it appears that perhaps I haven’t…

I set up a new DB just for the Oscommerce SQL - no problems there. I the admin > import > profiles - I created a new profile and set it up just as the directions asked. I am putting in the path for the localhost / dbname — port 3306—user and pass are set for the user and pass of the database admin.

So what am I not doing here is the question? Or does it just not work… how can I import my database?

Thanks,

Lonny

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lowkey704

Total Posts:  41

ok so I finally get Magento Connect to work by using SSH as I have been reading on this thread. Problem not is that I change chmod 777 - try to access the admin panel and it’s gone… also I am trying to import products and I am not even sure if it’s working. Magenot is becoming a little harder than I imagined.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community