Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Tax calculations wrong - inc vat and ex vat are the same… Paypal adding tax and delivery twice…

steve_jones20

Total Posts:  2

I’m having issues with the tax calculations on my site.

The prices are set to be including tax. I have a group price set for trade customers (also including tax). Everything works fine if I am not logged in and go through the checkout as a guest user.

But when I log in as a trade customer and go to the cart, the Excl tax and Inc tax are the same value (see attached screenshot).

Then when i go through to PayPal, the tax and delivery get added onto the grand total again (see attached screenshot)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

steve_jones20

Total Posts:  2

Looking into this further it looks like the wrong values are being passed to paypal, so it’s definitely a magento issue not a paypal one.

If I add a product costing £20, which includes £3.33 tax, and has an additional £4.95 shipping. The payment_paypal_standard log file shows the following is being passed through:

[amount] => 24.95

[tax] => 3.33

[shipping] => 4.95

Paypal then adds the three together to give the total amount payable.

Thanks
Steve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community