Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento to build an online sound library? 

Onthedode

Total Posts:  44
Paris, France

Hi everyone,

I’m looking into Magento to build an online sound library, and i’m wondering if its the right tool concerning certain aspects:
- based only on downloading of heavy sound files (more than 300MB generally)
- no stock management or similar (always available, of course)
- once the sound has been bought, the customer can redownload it later via its account (a defined number of time)

All this seems to be already feasible right now, but there is a point where i’m not confident : each sound / product will exist in 3 different versions (3 audio formats : stereo, 5.1, and b-format), each version will have a different price, and the buying of the higher format will give permission to donwload the lower formats for free. I think “Links” is the way to go, but i’m not sure…

What do you guys think of all this?
Thanks in advance.

Bye.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mkII

Total Posts:  79

I suppose you can do it by using “Buy X get Y fo free” cart rule. Look at this, maybe it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Onthedode

Total Posts:  44
Paris, France

Thanks for the hint, i’ll have a look at this in Magento Connect, but i’m not sure it will fit for “downloadable products”....

Bye.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community