Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Core Needs Not Yet Addressed: 1) Linking products to customer groups and 2) Allow users to sign up into customer groups

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi all,

There are some core needs we have that I’m sure many others are having. Unfortunately, I don’t believe they’ve been addressed completely yet.
After much research. , I’m finding that there has been no central solution for the following needs (which I’m surprised by):

1) We need to link certain products to certain customer groups.

2) We need to allow users to optionally select which group they’d like to sign up into via the “create an account form”.

If anyone has great resources for solving these needs, let’s lay them out here centrally and clearly. I believe they are core needs that Magento may or may not have plans to include in development.

All information is appreciated. And any help from the Magento team would be great too.

Thanks,
Lee

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mk30

Total Posts:  73
Lithuania/Vilnius

The same features required for me… smile also as I have said many times before custom fields for sign-up and manual verification of users smile I think you have posted in wrong place it should be in Feature request section smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community