Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin files seem to be missing

squire0104

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,
I just downloaded Magento (magento-0.8.17240) and tried to install it locally in order just to check it out. I’m running Mac OS X 10.3.9, Apache v1.3, PHP 5.2.5 as an Apache module and MySQL 5.0.51a. Using the install wizard I got as far as logging into the Admin backend, however at this point it fails to load the admin pages.

The Apache error log gives the following:

[Fri Mar 14 02:15:45 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/skin/adminhtml/default/default/styles.css
[Fri Mar 14 02:15:46 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /Library/WebServer/Documents/magento/skin/adminhtml/default/default/images/input_ele_bg.gif

I checked the locations indicated and indeed these files aren’t there.
A look at the magento database using myphpadmin showed it was populated so the connection to the MySQL server seems ok.

Any ideas as to what went wrong?

Thanks for your help

Tony

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

squire0104

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,
Apologies. I found a solution from an earlier post. Using http://localhost/magento/index.php/admin/ causes a problem with cookies since there isn’t a decimal point in the URL..... needed to use http://127.0.0.1/magento/index.php/admin/ which works a treat.
cheers
Tony

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community