Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento sort by hidden (non-public) Attributes? 

edimensional

Total Posts:  11

Hello All,
I would like to be assign various attributes to my products in my catalog and then be able to set up links that display all products with that attribute, but not have it show up in my general shopping filters. For example, I could set up an attribute called Fathers Day Gift and set it to a Yes/No non-required option. I could make all items that I think are great Father’s Day gifts set to Yes, then set up a link on my front end that says Click Here for our Recommended Father’s Day Gifts. Then clicking on it will show all products that are set to yes. Does anyone know how to do this? Or if there is an easier way to accomplish what I’m talking about, please advise. Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community