Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Search Enquiry

Quattro

Total Posts:  19

Hi Everyone.

I hope someone could help.

On my website: goo.gl/5fLqv , the site search is inaccurate.

for example if you search for “Love Place”. the product with the word Love Place does not come up.

In the manage attributes. I have made sure that the NAME is searchable.

In the backend, in catalogue when I search for the same term, the product comes up ok.

How can I make the search work?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magedev

Total Posts:  117

Just as shopMAGEScom suggested I would start with changing search configuration (Admin -> System -> Configuration -> Catalog -> Catalog Search -> Search Type). The default search is based on MySQL queries and does not offer advanced matching. I would suggest to instal 3rd party server / plugin to improve search results. ElasticSearch is free solution and there’s free module for ES if you’re on Community version 1.7+ (http://www.bubblecode.net/en/2012/06/24/magento-enhance-your-search-results-with-elasticsearch/).

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Blast just released a free version of their search, Magento EE is for companies with revenue above $3million/yr otherwise you will go under as you will need to sell too much to justify the costs. We use Solr but that is just us, Disney & Netflix can’t be wrong surely!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community