Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I bulk update websites? 

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

I have a Magento installation (0.8.17240) which has two websites setup. I have about 300 products and im trying to bulk update all the products so they display on both sites. I have tried via the Profiles wizard and I haven’t been able figure out which mapping field updates the website. I know it can be done by updating the database directly but I have over a thousand products that I would like to load and it would be lots of work. my question is

1. Is there a way to bulk update the products via the profile wizard?

2. If not, what is the fastest way to do it via the database? (for instance, if my products “product id” are from 1-300 and I want to add them to “website id” 1, what is the sql code to do that?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

julnepht

Total Posts:  3

The feature you are talking about is dataflow.
You will find more info on this in the dataflow forum
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewforum/85/

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

New York, NY

I know about the dataflow. It doesnt allow you to update which website each product belongs to (at least I haven’t been able to figure it out). I need to know how to do it in the database using a sql command.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

New York, NY

25 views and no reply?

Magento Community
Magento Community

anotherjung

Total Posts:  3

I’m looking to do the same.  I have some success exporting data, but none importing data.  Does anyone use this feature?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ronaldr

Total Posts:  124
California

I have a working stand alone program PM me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community