Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Flash FLV will embed, but skin does not. Can anyone tell me where the skin should be

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

as the long desc on this page shows, scroll down to long desc…

http://www.epicurecookware.com/protagonista/protagonista-stockpot.html

I can easily embed a swf which contains an flv.  What is not appearing is the so called ‘skin’, the player, which has the transport buttons-play, mute, pause etc.  I have put that skin in the same folder as the swf, and in a zillion other folders, even where the media.phtml template is
I have put it in many folders in this general area,
app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product
above that, subfolders of that etc, but no luck.

Can anyone tell me where this skin s/b located. I have definteily double checked, it is the skin the flv was created with, the paths are correct etc. As we can see the flv is there, just not the skin.  Can anybody help? Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mavro

Total Posts:  16

Hi Anna,

In the FLA file for your Flash movie try to referencing the skin SWF with the full URL. http://www.domain.com/skin.swf. See if that works. In the past I’ve had trouble loading FLV skins being referenced with relative path.

Mavro

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

Mavro - 06 April 2008 03:04 PM

Hi Anna,

In the FLA file for your Flash movie try to referencing the skin SWF with the full URL. http://www.domain.com/skin.swf. See if that works. In the past I’ve had trouble loading FLV skins being referenced with relative path.

Mavro

Thanks Mavro, I will take a look. As I recall I just pick the skin in a window after giving it the url where the flv is, but I will look thru all the parms on the right side of the stage there, could very well be a url for the skin. I never had to deal with it, so have never looked for it, but with these dynamic pages I guess things can be a bit tricky. 

I sure hope so.  Good thiniking. I hope that works. I have never paid attention as you never had to worry , just put the skin in same folder with swf.  Fingers crossed.  I appreciate it.

If you know the specific place a skin url is notated please let me know.  Thanks!
Anna

I have long since removed the swf, obviously, thts why its not seen at all now.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community