Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Looking for reliable Australian hosting

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

Hi guys,

I’ve looked at lots of hosting options for Magento in Australia and the most common problem is they don’t offer the PHP memory requirements that Magento needs to run efficiently.

I also trialed running Magento at MediaTemple in the US but it was just too slow from Australia (4 hours to upload all the files via FTP and about 30mins when I uploaded to my server in Oz - although this one didn’t have the memory)

Does anyone know where I could host Magento in Australia on a shared server? I have about 6 stores to set up over the next few months and want somewhere reliable.

Thanks a lot!
Linda

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

twentytwo

Total Posts:  6

Hi Linda,
Just curious if you had an answer to this question? I am currently going through the same dilemma at the moment.

Thank you,

Magento Community
Magento Community

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

Yeah, went with dotable.com

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community