Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search terms like g, test, lucero, shirt repeating and repeating…. 

Jury

Total Posts:  6
Austin, Texas

First of all I wanna say that this is my first post and I have been very successful with magento implementations on many aspects. One thing keeps bugging me and just can’t seem to fix it. After first installation everything was fine and I erased all the search terms, did all the cache reloads and all the necessary things. As soon as I erase it, immediately search terms like “g”, “lucero”, “red” and others repeat. it is driving me crazy. I must of deleted and refreshed over 20 times already but always a same solution. To make the problem even bigger, google started cashing it as a bad url destination.  And lists the terms right under home page on organic.

How can I close that loop of standard search terms repeating automatically on magento? Is there something in the code that I could fix and see and stop that. Any magento experts, if you have any suggentions would be great, cause I am out of ideas…

Important key points to know: 1.2.1 magento version
No option for upgrading to 1.3 yet, to much stuff depends on it.
Website is: http://www.holoki.com

As addition I included the problem what you can see from the dashboard. This is only after 10 min of absolute deletion and cache refreshes. There are over 200 search terms on our site but this always gets ahead.

I searched forums for days to find this solution but never saw anyone with that problem. But again, other that that, the magento works like a charm. We love it!!! wink

Image Attachments
problem.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

itwsanta

Total Posts:  6

HELP!!! Have you or anyone discovered the issue, my hoster suspended my account and I just realized this is happening to another one of my sites as well and I dont want them to suspend both. I am on version 1.3.2.2 if that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeramey

Total Posts:  5

I’m encountering a quite similar issue.  I just took a site live, and since taking it live (meaning simply telling people it existed and moving the files to a different location on the same server) I continue to get the same searches I entered in testing repeating over and over again.

I’ll delete them from the search history list, and rebuild the search index to no avail.  They continue to show up.  I’m afraid this is stressing the server as well.

Any thoughts on what this could be?  Or how to stop it?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community