Magento Forum

a question or 2

richdj

Total Posts:  10

Hey guys

very new to all this, i already have a website but im keen to switch over and use magneto

A couple of quick questions, the download i just recieved from the site, does it already have product page and category pages set up? ie when i load it onto my host is is like the demo store ?

2 . i want to integrage short video clips of my products in each product listing, is this possible on this system and how, would i just embed the item somewhere ?

thanks guys .

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Hello, you create your own categories in a very easy to use UI, it creates a category tree, and you can make sub categories etc, click and drag them around etc. Products are also easily created. It pretty much walks you thru everything with tabs providing what info is required etc.  there is also an imporot feature which I haven’t tried yet, but I think you can import products via a csv file.

As for video, I have no doubt, I am close to embedding a flash flv, if you will see my post regarding flash but no skin. Once that is solved it will be doable. I imagine you can also embed windows media player with the same html you use on any web page.  The descriptions etc all use and accept scripting, flash, html etc. Its a very nice product, best I have seen.  The total package.  You can look over my partially completed site, http://www.epicurecookware.com to get some idea of how complete it is, with related products, upsells etc.  If you look at my site, browse the Ruffoni Opera line, its really the only completed category. 

All in all I say its excellent and highly recommend it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

richdj

Total Posts:  10

Thanks for your comments Anna, i look forward to seeing your site upon completion

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community