Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento Do Recurring Credit Card Transactions? 

ShakespeareGeek

Total Posts:  22

I have a business requirement for recurring transactions - where the user purchases 1 year of our service, expressing that at the end of that year it is ok to bill him again for the next year, and so on.

Our payment provider, Cybersource, has that feature enabled for us.

Can somebody point me to any relevant documentation on how well Magento supports this out of the box, with third party extensions, and/or what I’ll have to build myself?  I’m familiar with the general rules of the game—storing credit card numbers only at the financial provider, sending reminders to the user that he’s about to be billed, offering the opportunity to stop renewing.  I’m trying to determine what support, if any, Magento has for these features.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

I think that the customization is needed, or you can use the payments which supports it on their end.

The recurring billing thread is here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10655/

Hope it will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Also there is an commercial extension at the magento connect

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community