Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Only Guest Checkout - Turn “off” Customer Accounts

dan k

Total Posts:  5

Greetings,

I’m setting up a 1-product store to get my feet wet with magento, and the model for this microbusiness is one where we don’t want to permit customers to create an account.  Just give us your money and we ship you the product.

Of course through template modification I can probably hack things into the shape I desire.  But from a global/systems standpoint it would be awesome to make guest checkout the only checkout process that’s available.

Is there a way to do this without “hiding” the my account stuff with xhtml/css?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

I don’t have an answer for you, but I actually modified it to not allow registrations for guests and only allow checkout for people with accounts (we create the accounts on the back end). I had to modify the code and .phtml and .css files to get what I wanted but it worked. I doubt there is an easy way to do either of these things at the current moment. It is possible to hack things though and get what you want.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JimmyM

Total Posts:  16

I too would like to be able to do this… only checkout as a guest. Just to make things really simple, in a store with very few products. Is there any way to do it?

Thanks,

Jim

Magento Community
Magento Community

mandurah

Total Posts:  20
Mesa, AZ (USA)

Did anyone have any luck with dan k’s request?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skelpo

Total Posts:  4
Breckerfeld

A solution could be our module here:

We wrote a little Module that makes a smooth guests-only checkout and disables all user-account interaction:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/10842/

Ralph

Magento Community
Magento Community

snowdog

Total Posts:  18
Poznan, Poland

Solution sounds nice, but there is no easy way to buy it… Could you add more payments methodst to your site?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Skelpo

Total Posts:  4
Breckerfeld

You can try our new shop: http://shop.skelpo.com/magento-modules/guestsonly.html

It is just in the process of getting ready so don’t blame for not a custom design yet wink

Ralph

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community