Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

admin is extremely SLOW

starchild

Total Posts:  37

Hi,

We have a 1.3.1 cart with about 800products or so in it, and admin pages are taking 1 minute + to open.

This is so not usable it isn’t funny.

We are on a 6mb connection, so bandwidth is not an issue.

Can anyone solve this dilemma?

Doing my absolute head in.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bogdan

Total Posts:  42

no ideas whatsoever?\

Same here .. 1 min ( mostly to the QWERTY )

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bogdan

Total Posts:  42

When i check my website with Firebug , i see that just getting the GET page takes like 3 seconds. ( for a normal site is about 500-700 ms ) . How can i improve this ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

starchild

Total Posts:  37

Easy.  Don’t use magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Indeed when a large number of goods or attributes need to be saved, backend works very slow, as each time you save data the system re-indexes the goods through the entire catalog. Asynchronous Re-indexing is a solution of this problem. When a product or category is saved it is not immediately re-indexed, but put into a queue. The queue is re-indexed in the background. This greatly speeds up the backend. This mechanism is implemented by using an extension of http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community