Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t edit products after upgrading to 1.3.2.1

caryphillips

Total Posts:  3

I’m getting the following message after upgrading. Doesn’t look like this section of code was even changed during the upgrade.

Invalid method Mage_Catalog_Model_Product::isDuplicable(Array
(
)
)
Trace:
#0 [internal function]: Varien_Object->__call(’isDuplicable’, Array)
#1 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit.php(105): Mage_Catalog_Model_Product->isDuplicable()
#2 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(199): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit->_prepareLayout()
#3 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(445): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#4 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(229): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->addBlock(’Mage_Adminhtml_...’, ‘product_edit’)
#5 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(195): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->_generateBlock(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#6 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(200): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout_Element))
#7 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(303): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->generateBlocks()
#8 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(231): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->generateLayoutBlocks()
#9 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(237): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->loadLayout(Array, true, true)
#10 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(213): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->loadLayout(Array)
#11 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(376): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->editAction()
#12 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(248): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’edit’)
#13 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#14 /var/www/html/racing_dev/app/Mage.php(459): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#15 /var/www/html/racing_dev/racing.php(144): Mage::run()
#16 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

m3scott

Total Posts:  10

Try Rebuilding Catalog Index, Flat Catalog Category and Flat Catalog Product under System -> Cache Management.

I believe that worked for me.  and thanks to the original poster.

Magento Community
Magento Community

caryphillips

Total Posts:  3

Thanks for the reply, but I rebuilt all the indexes, etc and am still getting the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

We had the same problem today and I took out the following lines in the _prepareLayout() function

//  if ($this->getProduct()->isDuplicable()) {
                $this->setChild('duplicate_button',

$this->getLayout()->createBlock('adminhtml/widget_button')
                    ->
setData(array(

'label'     => Mage::helper('catalog')->__('Duplicate'),

'onclick'   => 'setLocation(\''.$this->getDuplicateUrl().'\')',

'class'  => 'add'

))
                );

//  }

Line 116 and line 125 of Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

We can’t import products when the code is commented out, but we can’t edit products when the code in on? Hello Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

aarne

Total Posts:  130

I confirm this same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zindrew

Total Posts:  30

Did any of you fix this issue, I am having the same porblem, and I can’t seem to figure it out?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netismine

Total Posts:  174

for me reason for this bug was that I had a local copy of catalog/model/product.php class that was inconsistent with latest upgrade. What you should do is take the new version of product.php and copy all of the new classes to your local copy of product.php.
isDuplicable is a new class, and magento calls it in the code later, and since it can’t find it in the old, local, version of Product.php, it produces an error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Coady

Total Posts:  41

Thanks for this hint. Unfortunately I’m having difficulty identifying which Product.php needs to be replaced as there are so many files with this name, even within the path you mentioned:

./app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/Product.php
./app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Parser/Product.php
./app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product.php
./app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Category/Indexer/Product.php
./app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product.php
./app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Category/Indexer/Product.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

developerindia

Total Posts:  58

Look at this for solution : http://www.justwebdevelopment.com/blog/2011/04/19/maegnto-invalid-method-mage-catalog-model-product-isduplicable/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community